The way of the New Covenant, December 2
Thank You Lord for the lessening pain this morning. I was able to walk, sweep, bend my knees and make breakfast almost pain free. Thank you for the reminder of Your provision and grace.
Only you can touch my body and bring order out of this chaos. I want to be productive and fruitful. Let nothing stop the proclamation of the Gospel. During this miracle season…I look to you for your continued grace, presence and provision.
I present my BODY to you as a living sacrifice, made holy and acceptable by the blood sacrifice of Jesus.
I will not be conformed to this world but transformed by the renewing of my mind…
I must go from presenting my body to presenting my soul (will and mind). What seems to be overlooked by the prayerful but inaccurate formatting is the context of this prayer (Therefore) is Your love and faithfulness to Israel:
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
“For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?”
“Or who has first given to Him and it shall be repaid to him?”
For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Godly striving is necessary to conform our soul to the transformation of Redemption.
3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly
Response to God’s faithfulness to Israel:
The way of the New Covenant
1. Think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
2. Love without hypocrisy. To love expecting/demanding. Only with, through and by Your love. O Jesus You HAVE transformed me, but as Reza teaches, I need to strive to conform to that transformation and not be lead by my spirit…but by YOURS.
3. Abhor what is evil. This is a very strong word – we cannot tolerate but must separate the evil from the wicked.
4. Cling to what is good.
5. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
6. Not lagging in diligence I have spent time and dissipated energy…”vegetating is not being diligent. One by one help me O Holy Spirit during this miracle season.
This phrase is actually a f/n translated: diligence (5) haste, with haste (2) only in this verse. The root is always used to mean…fast/haste/determination = diligence.
Perhaps better to use the term: determination, intentional.
7. Fervent in spirit, means “to boil” be hot not lukewarm
8. Serving the Lord, to be a slave
9. Rejoicing in hope, [This requires a change of focus. Jesus You are the HOPE that is in me and available to me at all times. When I look around I see only disappointment, discouragement and pain. I CHOOSE to lift up my eyes unto the hills….my help/hope comes from (You the) Maker of Heaven and earth. How quickly did my peace and rest and hope dissipate because of the pain. I have returned different than when I left. Your hand was and is upon me.
10. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. The Muslims curse at least five times a day. I learned from Virginia….love love love. Jesus help me. This means I cannot share those news reports of hate. They only produce more hate and fear.
11. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
12. Be of the same mind toward one another.
13. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.
14. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
15. Repay no one evil for evil.
16. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
17. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
18. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
ii. “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink;
iii. Do not be overcome by evil, but
iv. overcome evil with good.
This is IMPOSSIBLE w/o You Holy Spirit. This list is overwhelming. But needful to read everyday. When we love this way, we will not see “enemies” but the lost.
I thought about my ways, and turned my feet to Your testimonies.
I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments.
This is the synopsis of the above. Your word always convicts! Your commandment of love!
The cords of the wicked have bound me, but I have not forgotten Your law.
Regardless of the situation. Paul was bound. So was Peter and so were You Lord Jesus. But the bond of love is stronger. I cannot be angry and love at the same time.
I am a companion of all who fear You, and of those who keep Your precepts.
The wicked might surround and temps, but we can choose our companions
The earth, O Lord, is full of Your mercy!
This is the bottom line. And I am filled with your mercy חֶסֶד and love.
[contact-form subject='[Joanie%26#039;s Jewels’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]