Although Purim is not a Levitcal feast of the Lord, it’s significance to the Jewish people and to the church is critical, especially in these challenging days. As with the other feasts, I suggest that Purim be considered from five perspectives:
- Seasonal: Purim is the final holiday of the calendar year, occurring in the winter, exactly one month before Passover.
- National: Purim commemorates God’s protection of Israel from their annihilation planned by Haman.
- Spiritual: God’s love for, protection of Israel and His omnipotence are revealed through the story of Purim.
- Redemptive: Purim demonstrates the determination of Jesus to fulfill the Father’s purpose for His live.
- Kingdom: God has created each of us for a purpose. The Holy Spirit has been given to each believer in Jesus to fulfill that purpose and destiny.
Purim also reveals the truth of God’s word regarding His relationship with Israel:
- He who keeps Israel never slumbers or sleeps
- Israel is the apple of God’s eye
- He will bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse her.
- Anyone who tries to destroy Israel will themselves be destroyed.
How you celebrate Purim is not the issue. What IS important is WHO you are celebrating – the God and Savior of Israel : JESUS THE MESSIAH! Here is an excerpt from the book, “Celebrate Jesus! The Christian Perspective of the Biblical Feasts.”
Seeing Israel from the air was shocking. The Land of milk and honey was just a tiny strip of brown. I whispered through my tears, “Daddy I’m home.” Eventually He gave me a date to return and a purpose. During the next few weeks, God confirmed that Israel was to indeed become my home, although the process would take three years. The wait seemed interminable. Finally, after a week of fasting, praying, and devouring books on Israel’s prophetic future, I heard the Lord’s voice. He gave me a date: December ninth. Then He gave me a purpose: Declare the good news of My salvation, first to the Jews and then to the nations. Purpose is one of the main themes of Purim. Jesus came for a purpose and God has designed a unique purpose for Israel, for the church, and for each of us.
Click here to order your copy or any of the other books on the feasts: http://www.celebratejesusthebook.com/